This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Advanced extrauterine pregnancies, although uncommon, are associated with significant morbidity and even mortality. Early diagnosis is, therefore, essential. A high index of suspicion is necessary and ultrasound examination is the best investigative tool to date. Conservative management with the aim of fetal viability in pregnancies greater than 24 weeks' gestation is an appropriate form of management and does not adversely effect maternal morbidity and mortality.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diagnosis and treatment of advanced extra uterine pregnancy.S Afr Med J. 1975; 49: 2007-2010
- Advanced extra uterine pregnancy: description of 38 cases with literature survey.Obs Gynae Surv. 1988; 43: 386-397
- Abdominal pregnancy: current concepts of management.Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 7: 549-557
- Advanced abdominal pregnancy.Obs Gynae Surv. 1991; 46: 515-522
- Abdominal pregnancy in the United States: frequency and maternal mortality.Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 69: 333-337
- Abdominal pregnancy: review of current management and addition of 10 cases.Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 60: 200-204
- Advanced extrauterine pregnancy.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1985; 64: 21-25
- Advanced abdominal pregnancy in Muhimbili Medical Centre, Tanzania.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1986; 24: 69-76
- Advanced abdominal pregnancy — observations in 10 cases.Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 59: 366-372
- Simultaneous intrauterine and extrauterine pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1948; 56: 1119-1126
- Abdominal pregnancy following total hysterectomy.Int Surg. 1963; 68: 253-255
- Primary peritoneal pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1942; 44: 487-449
- Primary abdominal pregnancy: can artificial abortion, endometriosis and IUD be etiological factors?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1988; 27: 39-43
- Observations on thirteen cases of late extra uterine pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1948; 55: 556-582
- Normal placental function and fetoplacental blood circulation in advanced abdominal pregnancy.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1968; 67: 283-286
- Postpartum decline in serum concentration of placental proteins in an abdominal pregnancy.Arch Gynecol. 1985; 237: 27-30
- Abdominal pregnancy associated with extremely elevated serum alpha fetoprotein (case report).Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1984; 9: 296-298
- The sonographic features of intra-abdominal pregnancy.J Clin Ultrasound. 1981; 9: 383-387
- Ultrasound evaluation of abdominal pregnancy.Crit Rev Diagnos Imag. 1994; 35: 1-59
- Radiological diagnosis of extra-uterine pregnancy.Radiology. 1963; 80: 69-75
- Combined use of ultrasound and computed tomography in evaluation of intraabdominal pregnancy and fetal demise.J Comput Assisted Tomogr. 1984; 8: 770-771
- MR imaging of a viable full-term abdominal pregnancy.Am J Roentgenol. 1985; 45: 407-408
- False negative oxytocin challenge test associated with abdominal pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1979; 33: 108-110
- Advanced extra uterine pregnancy: a case report.S Afr Med J. 1979; 56: 577-578
- Advanced abdominal pregnancy: three cases with a review of the literature.S Afr Med J. 1971; 45: 62-64
- Expectant management of abdominal pregnancy. A report of two cases.J Reprod Med. 1988; 33: 407-410
- What is the actual present day management of the placenta in the late abdominal pregnancy? Analysis of 10 cases.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1961; 81: 302-317
- Methotrexate and the abdominal placenta.Obstet Gynecol. 1969; 33: 837-840
© 1998 Harcourt Brace & Co. Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc.