A pelvic mass in a common condition and a thorough history and examination is important to identify possible causes. A combination of laboratory investigations and radiological imaging is helpful to reach a diagnosis and also to triage cases of malignancy. In this review we consider common presentations, methods to assess the risk of malignancy and treatment strategies of a range of causes.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- O-RADS US risk stratification and management system: a consensus guideline from the ACR ovarian-adnexal reporting and data system committee.Radiology. 2020; 294: 168-185
- Uterine sarcomas: a review.Gynecol Oncol. 2010; 116: 131-139
- Management of ovarian cysts and cancer in pregnancy.Facts Views Vis Obgyn. 2015; 7: 25-31
- Preoperative identification of a suspicious adnexal mass: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gynecol Oncol. 2012; 126: 157-166
- Incidence and survival of gynecologic sarcomas in England.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2015; 25: 850-857
- Tuboovarian abscess. Factors associated with operative intervention after failed antibiotic therapy.J Reprod Med. 2013; 58: 101-106
- A risk of malignancy index incorporating CA 125, ultrasound and menopausal status for the accurate preoperative diagnosis of ovarian cancer.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1990; 97: 922-929
- Ovarian cancer screening and mortality in the UK Collaborative Trial of Ovarian Cancer Screening (UKCTOCS): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2016; 387: 945-956
- The management of Ovarian cysts in post menopausal women Green top guideline No 34.2016
- Imaging benign gynaecological conditions.Obs Gynae Reprod Med. 2020; 30: 363-370
- Imaging malignant gynaecological conditions.Obs Gynae Reprod Med. 2020; 30: 371-379
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy or primary surgery in stage IIIC or IV ovarian cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 943-953
Published online: March 10, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.